Where do you go when you really need to get work done?
37 Signals Founder Jason Fried says that the your regular office isn’t a good place to do get work done. Your regular office may include your brick-and-mortar daily office location (including your home office).
Where do you really go
when you really need to
get some serious work done?
Fried says he typically gets three kinds of answers to the above question, and the answers refer to either a place or a location, a moving object, or a time of day.
- A Place: Porch, Kitchen, Coffee-shop, or Coworking space
- A Moving Object: A train, an airplane
- or A Time Slot: Early morning, Late night etc.
The common thread in these answers is that your regular work environment is not always conducive to get serious work done. In a traditional office there are interruptions and distractions mostly due to managers or scheduled or last-minute meetings. In a home office there are interruptions and distractions such as the clutter in the office, the kids, the pets, the TV, the food in the refrigerator, the chores etc.
Here is the video from TED tals titled: “Why Work Doesn’t Happen At Work:”
If you are a home-based business owner, a creative or tech freelancer, or if you even are a slave to a traditional office in Palm Coast and Flagler County landscape, try Office Divvy’s private offices or coworking models to increase your productivity and get some serious work done.
For a limited time we’re giving away free coworking pass << so click on this link and get yours to try it out.
- 10 Things Any Small Business Owner Can Draw from Harry Potter - July 11, 2021
- 4 things you can do immediately for your self-hosted WordPress website security - June 19, 2021
- How to Respond to “Thank you” in Business - January 16, 2021